When you have your first appointment with the midwives you will receive the paging number and instructions when to page. It is important to page if:
- You are beyond 24 weeks and are feeling decreased or no fetal movements. First please try lying on your left side with you hands on your belly. If you do not get 6 movements in 2 hours-then page. Most women will feel the 6 movements in the first 10 minutes or so : no need to count after that.
- Bleeding from your vagina
- Severe headache associated with swelling of you hands, feet or face
- Severe nausea and vomiting -unable to keep anything down for 24 hours
- Cramping pain in your abdomen that does not go away
- Leaking or gushing of fluid from your vagina
- Blurred vision, seeing spots, flashes or blind spots
- Pain or burning when passing urine
- Chills or fever above 38°C / 100.4 °F
If you have questions about medications in pregnancy please refer to Mother Risk -it has the most up-to-date information about what is safe to take during your pregnancy, you can also call 1-877-439-2744 and speak to someone in person.